Tyremarks Sprint Championship
All ASWMC competitors will receive a 10% Discount on our Motorsport tyres, such as Toyo R888R, Yokohama A052 & Nankang AR-1.
With TOYO TIRES we can also offer FREE CARRIAGE & NEXT DAY DELIVERY direct to the customer (so long as 2+ tyres bought at a time), or FREE fitting at our depot in Tavistock.
The 10% discount offer also extends to all AWSMC members for their own private vehicles on our standard tyre range and all the way across the board with the other services we offer at TyreMarks. Check out www.tyremarks.co.uk to see more of what we can offer.
On top of this we are also offering an EXTRA 10% Discount, so a total of 20% DISCOUNT on our HYDROFLOW Engine Carbon Cleaning treatment, for more information on this specialist treatment check out:
Also the 20% DISCOUNT offer applies to all POWERFLOW Exhausts built in house at POWERFLOW TAVISTOCK, to see some of our work check out:
Please contact Mark on 01822611321 for any further information.
TyreMarks wish all the competitors a successful 2019 season.
Championship Registration No: CHS085/2019 (Grade E)
* Note these regulations are a guide only and competitor's should refer to the ASWMC Yearbook for confirmation. We will endeavour to make the website as accurate as possible, but unfortunately typos do occur and after all we are only human!
1. 2019 Classes are as follows:
A1. Roadgoing Series Production Cars up to 1400cc
A2. Roadgoing Series Production Cars over 1400cc up to 1800cc A3. Roadgoing Series Production Cars over 1800cc up to 2600cc A4. Roadgoing Series Production Cars over 2600cc
B1. Roadgoing Specialist Production Cars. Car engines up to 1400cc
B2. Roadgoing Specialist Production Cars. Car engines over 1400cc up to 1800cc B3. Roadgoing Specialist Production Cars. Car engines over 1800cc & M/C engines C1. Modified Series Production Cars up to 1400cc
C2. Modified Series Production Cars over 1400cc up to 1800cc
C3. Modified Series Production Cars over 1800cc
C4. Modified Specialist Production Cars. Car engines & M/C D1. Sports Libre Cars up to 1800cc
D2. Sports Libre Cars over 1800cc
D3. Rally Cars
E1. Racing Cars up to 1100cc
E2. Racing Cars over 1100cc up to 1600cc E3. Racing Cars over 1600cc up to 2000cc E4. Racing Cars over 2000cc
All cars must comply with S.10.1-10.9.
Series Production Cars are defined as cars complying with S.11.1.1, 11.3-5.1, 11.6-8.
Specialist Production Cars are defined as cars complying with S.11.1.2, 11.3-4, 11.5.2-8.
Modified Series Production Cars are defined as cars complying with S.12.1, 12.3-6.1, 12.6.3-12.9.2.
Modified Specialist Production Cars are defined as cars complying with S.12.2, 12.3-12.5, 12.6.2,12.6.3-12.9.2.
Sports Libre Cars must comply with S.14 and Racing cars with S.15.
Rally Cars must comply with R.46-49 AND S.14. Included in the latter Category would be Group B cars, any cars without the original engine block of the model entered, and car with a transmission layout not as originally specified for that model, or a Specialist Rally Car without an engine complying with S.12.6.2. They need not be taxed.
The onus of responsibility for the eligibility of vehicles competing in the championship rests with the Entrant/Competitor. In the event of a dispute concerning the compliance of a vehicle to the regulations, the onus will be on the competitor to satisfy the organisers, NOT the organisers to prove compliance.
Event Organisers are urged to use the above class structure.
2. Championship points will be awarded as follows:
First in class (if an ASWMC Registered contender) – 20 points plus 0.01 points for every 0.01 second their time betters that of the second placed finisher up to a maximum of 21 points.
(If there is only one finisher in the class, who is an ASWMC Registered Contender, then 20 points (max) will be awarded)
Second in class, if an ASWMC Registered Contender – 20 points
Remaining contenders in class: 20 points minus 0.01 points for each 0.01sec that their time is greater than that of the second placed finisher.
The minimum score shall be 1 point.
In addition to the above scoring system a bonus for breaking the record for the class at a venue will be awarded by 0.01 for each 0.01 second up to a maximum of 1 point.
Class records will be records set by ASWMC contenders only. Class points will be based on all entries in the class.
Existing class records will be posted before the start of the season, if no record for a class exists then the record from an equivalent class will apply plus 0.01 second. Similarly, any class record that is disproportionately slow will be adjusted accordingly.
3. When registering, contenders MUST nominate, on the Championship Registration Form, the class in which they intend to contest the championship and in which their championship points are to be awarded. Contenders wishing to change class MUST notify the Championship Coordinator in writing, by email or by post. Letters must be postmarked no later than the day prior to the event in which the change is to be operative. Emails must be sent not later than the day prior to the event in which the change is to be operative. The onus is on the Championship Contender to prove that an email was sent, and received, within the allowed timescale. Failure to comply with the above may result in loss of championship points.
4. Clubs may vary, amalgamate or subdivide classes at events as they feel necessary, but must provide the Championship Coordinator with Entry Lists and Results showing the cars competitors actually drove so as to allocate points correctly, especially in respect of Regulation 2 above. Where there are less than 3 competing in a class, this may be amalgamated, and the points based on the amalgamated class.